Week two:Interview with a Vampire





   This is not my first time to read the vampire novels. I have read the Twilights when I was 14 years old. I also watched the drama "The Vampire Diary". Therefore, "vampire" topic sounds not far away from me. I have been thinking who is the first person wrote the vampire novels, what is the first vampire novel in this world, and why people are so obsessed with vampire topic? After this week's reading, I believe I found the answer.

  Interview with a Vampire is not the first vampire novel ever written, Anna Rice is not the first person who wrote the first vampire novel either, but I believe that Anna Rice is the first person who gave vampires' personalities and humanities. Before the Interview with a Vampire published, vampires in stories always are described as an antagonist. They are "dead", they kill people and drink their blood, they are scary, indifferent, and powerful. However, Anna Rice's novel focuses on depicting the inner world of them. She gave the concept that vampires are struggling with their "thirsty" too, they used to be human,  they have every sense or emotion that human has. It is kind of interesting that the love of Louis to Claudia is pretty unclear that whether it is the love like a father to a daughter or it is the love between the couple. I would say he has both of them. The complication on love also makes this novel so famous, because it talks "love" and romance in a horror book.

  Anyway, depicting vampires' inner world, focusing on their feeling influenced the vampire novels a lot. Anna Rice created a brand new style for any work related to the vampire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twelve: Bloodchild

Week Fourteen: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Week Eight: Anansi Boys