Week Five: the Black Maria

  

  
  I read the Black Maria this week. It was written by Diana Wynne Jones and published on 1991. The story is mostly about a collection of weird things when Mig, her brother Chris and her Mom was visiting aunt Maria.

  Although I haven't finished the book yet, I would say I like it. The language is kind of simple and straightforward compared to other horror fantasy literature, being an English learner, it is acceptable for me and I can understand the plot very quickly. It seems like the main readers are supposed to be children. The writer reminds me J.K Rowling. They both wrote children literature about fantasy,. In fact, J. K Rowling got inspiration from Diana. 

  I like the story, it pulled me back in my childhood when I was reading the little girl Mig's adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twelve: Bloodchild

Week Fourteen: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Week Eight: Anansi Boys